WELCOME TO BRANDYLAND
Brandy Berlin will inspire and embolden you to break open your forbidden happiness both on and off your mat. A Tier 2 Certified Baptiste Yoga Teacher & E-RYT 500, Brandy has a heart for authentic connection and loads of mojo grace. Her lovingly fierce, pungently passionate playshops, classes, retreats and teacher trainings benefit yoga students, teachers and anyone interested in growth and personal transformation.
Brandy’s cagily candid conversations and heart-centered adventures evoke and provoke you to challenge the self-limiting beliefs that thwart and constrain you. She dares you dig into the mud of the moment and unearth the secrets of becoming a wildly disciplined, ironically sincere, radically curious, blasphemously reverent, lustfully compassionate, eternally changing Master of Whole-Hearted Rowdy Bliss. This exuberantly elegant, fanatically balanced being frequently sets herself on fire with passion and people come from miles around to watch her burn. Also, it should be noted that laughter through tears is her favorite emotion.
Brandy began her professional career as a high school social studies teacher. For 18 years, she taught Advanced Placement classes in private, charter and public schools including five years in the rigorous International Baccalaureate Programme. When Brandy noticed her school curriculum aligned with her personal yoga philosophy and practice, she more overtly integrated mindfulness exercises into her lessons. She watched her students bloom both academically and emotionally as they explored themselves and their thinking with heightened levels of curiosity and self-awareness. In 2013, these experiences lead Brandy to pursue Namaspa's Yoga Teacher Training to deepen her understanding and expand her offerings to her beloved students. Her academic background meshed seamlessly with Baptiste methodology which combines yoga, meditation and self-inquiry as parallel pathways to physical, mental, emotional and spiritual growth.
Currently, Brandy is co-owner of Namaspa Yoga Community in Bend and Redmond, Oregon and the Vice-President and Co-Founder of the Namaspa Foundation which brings empowerment and access to yoga and mindfulness as a life skill to those in our local Central Oregon community who need it the most. She believes together the teacher and the taught do the teaching and tenders her offerings in deep gratitude for the gifts she has been given. When she is not sweating it out in the studio, you can find her on her paddleboard or lil orange scooter, blissed out, with a big dorky smile on her face.
CERTIFICATIONS & TRAININGS
- Baptiste® FIT to Lead Program: April 2017-April 2018
- Children's Yoga Teacher Training with Deven Sisler: 2016
- AcroYoga Lunar Immersion with Deven Sisler: 2016
- Baptiste® Certribution Summit: 2016
- Namaspa Yoga School Teacher Training: 2016: (RYT 300)
- Baptiste® Being of Power: 2016
- Baptiste® Art of Assisting: 2015
- Baptiste® Level Two Training: 2015
- Baptiste® Level One Training: 2014
- Namaspa Yoga School Teacher Training: 2014 (RYT 200)
- Yoga Calm® with Lynea Gillen: 2008
- George Fox University: Alternative Pathways Program for Initial Teaching License, 2005
- Georgia Southern University: MA in History with Native American specialization, 1997
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania: BA in History with Anthropology minor, 1995