Yin is one of the fastest growing types of yoga, helping to tone connective tissue and tendons, which are critical to our physical well being and range of motion. Postures are practiced on the floor and each is held for a lengthy period, usually 3-5 minutes. As a result, the body is energized, encouraging a free flow of chi, prana, or “life force” of the body that often gets blocked or stagnant.
IN THIS TRAINING YOU WILL:
- Learn about Yin Yoga history and philosophy
- Explore the differences between Yin and Yang styles of Yoga and the benefits of Yin practice
- Gain a basic understanding of Prana/Qi (chi)/Life Force and the Meridians/connective tissue
- Establish a safe practice using compression and tension, and explore the major Yin Yoga asanas
- Learn how associated fields of study can relate to Yin
- Practice teaching Yin Yoga
Certificate of completion will be provided from the Namaspa Yoga School.